A motion graphics designer creates live video content, complex graphics, animation and for a diverse array of media, including smartphones, handheld electronic devices, the web and television, among others. Other projects can include title and post-production work, as well as multimedia campaigns, promotional products, technical illustrations and computer artwork for use in a variety of materials.
- Create visually stunning video assets and content for video deliverables (corporate videos, eLearning websites, marketing demos, etc)
- Design and deliver motion graphics for high-end branded content as well as animated logos for various media including web, mobile, etc.
- Prepare design plan, concept and layout for motion graphic project
- Provide pre-production designs for pitching, including style frames, storyboards, and mood boards
- Assist in selecting audio, video, colors, animation, etc for graphic design
- Edit raw video footage and add effects/elements to enhance motion graphics
- Trims footage segments and puts together the sequence of the film
- Creates rough and final cuts
- Work with editors, producers and other designers to resolve technical and/or design issues.
- Research and analyze best design techniques and solutions to create motion graphics.
- Maintain and follow best practices for versioning control, naming convention and organization of graphic files.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge about latest graphic design techniques.
- Ensure compliance with company guidelines and design standards.
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (primarily After Effects, Premiere Pro, Photoshop, and Illustrator (including related plugins).
- Prior experience with and a strong portfolio of motion graphics work
- Exceptional design, layout, and typography skills
- A never-ending desire to learn new techniques and technology to advance your craft
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized workflow to ensure seamless project exchange between colleagues
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Understanding of complex information and requirements.
- Good prioritization skills and be flexible enough to adapt plans.
- Thrives in a fast-paced and ever-changing work environment
- An ability to work to tight deadlines and within constraints.