A WordPress Developer designs and implements attractive and functional websites for our clients. You will be responsible for both front-end and back-end development, including the implementation of themes and plugins as well as site integration and security updates. Graphic design and strong content management and organization skills are important for this role.
- Creates design prototypes, site navigation, and layout of content
- Design and develop responsive, user-friendly websites
- Develop custom themes and plugins
- Integrate and set up plugins like WooCommerce, Shopify, etc.
- Design and manage the website back-end including database and server integration
- Optimizing page speed of WordPress sites
- Conducting website performance tests.
- Fixes bugs, troubleshoots and resolves problems
- Performs maintenance and updates to existing website
- Migrate websites from other platforms to WordPress
- Meet with clients to discuss website design and function.
- Identify, troubleshoot, fix, and optimize websites for SEO
- Producing high-quality work with a strong focus on detail
- Working under tight deadlines
- Handling multiple projects at the same time
- Coordinates with other designers and programmers to develop web projects.
- Collaborates with staff and teams to develop, format and deploy content.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a similar field.
- Proven work experience as a WordPress Developer.
- Experience building user interfaces for websites and/or web applications.
- Good understanding of website architecture and aesthetics.
- Strong understanding of PHP back-end development.
- Experience with Shopify.
- Graphic design and SEO skills are a plus.
- Ability to project manage.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.